If foot and bunion pain is limiting your everyday activity, find relief with PROstep™ Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS).
PROstep™ Minimally Invasive Foot Surgery utilizes percutaneous, micro incisions to correct bunions (hallux valgus), hammertoes, hallux rigidus and other foot conditions, which cause far less damage to your foot.
Surgeons have found the following advantages of PROstep™ minimally invasive procedures:
- less pain2
- earlier return to function compared to an open procedure2,3
- smaller incision1
- less soft tissue disruption1
- smaller scars1
PROstep™ surgery can both reduce pain and improve the appearance of your feet.1,2 However, for best results, see your doctor as scheduled and follow all recovery instructions carefully. As opposed to open surgery, your feet may feel much better sooner and you may feel you are ready to get back to your life. PLEASE FOLLOW YOUR SURGEON’S INSTRUCTIONS.
- Lam P, Lee M, Xing J, Di Nallo M. Percutaneous Surgery for Mild to Moderate Hallux Valgus. Foot Ankle Clin N Am 2016; 21: 459-477 (data only with respect to chevron osteotomy procedure).
- Lee M, Walsh J, Smith MM, Ling J, Wines A, Lam P. Hallux Valgus Correction Comparing Percutaneous Chevron/Akin (PECA) and Open Scarf/Akin Osteotomies. Foot Ankle Intl 2017; 38(8): 838-846 (data only with respect to chevron osteotomy procedure).
- Maffulli N, Longo UG, Oliva F, Denaro V, Coppola C. Bosch Osteotomy and Scarf Osteotomy for Hallux Valgus Correction. Orthop Clin North Am. 2009 Oct;40(4):515-24, ix-x. doi:10.1016/j.ocl.2009.06.003.